Snapshot of CARICOM's Trade is a new series of publications based on the structure of the earlier publication, CARICOM’s Trade: A Quick Reference to Some Summary Data, which presented some of the basic summary trade data to which users frequently referred. The Quick Reference focused on CARICOM’s trade with principal trading partners, as well as on Intra-CARICOM trade, and could be used as a valuable source of trade information for manipulation and analysis.
However, given the size of the publication and limited resources, it was not always possible to produce the report in a timely manner. In this context, a decision was taken to produce a series of publications and to publish these as soon as they were finalised rather than to wait for the completion of the entire publication.
The Snapshot of CARICOM's Trade therefore comprises the following series, based on the earlier publication:
- Series 1 - CARICOM’s Intra-Regional Trade
- Series 2 - CARICOM’s Total Trade Summary by Trading Partners
- Series 3
- CARICOM’s Trade with the United States of America
- CARICOM’s Trade with Canada
- CARICOM’s Trade with the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Series 4
- CARICOM’s Trade with the Latin American Integration Association (LAIA)
- CARICOM’s Trade with the Andean Community
- CARICOM’s Trade with Mercosur
- CARICOM’s Trade with Venezuela
- CARICOM’s Trade with the Central American Integration System (SICA)
- Series 5 - CARICOM’s Trade with the European Union (EU)
- Series 6 - CARICOM’s Trade with the United Kingdom
- Series 7 - CARICOM’s Trade with Japan
The first edition of this series of publications covers the period 2011-2016.
The data presented in these publications were extracted from those submitted to the CARICOM Secretariat by the National Statistics Offices of Member States. It should be noted that data were not always available for all Member States and this therefore poses limitations to analysis and interpretation. The CARICOM Secretariat is making efforts to fill data gaps where these exists.
Please CLICK HERE for the earlier version of the report, CARICOM's Trade: A Quick Reference to Some Summary Data.